- Greene County Tech Primary
- The educational experience is and should be extended beyond the classroom. Homework provides for learning experience outside, in addition to the traditional classroom setting.
- Homework should be meaningfully guided practice or directed activity based on previous introduced subjects or concepts.
- Homework should be graded and returned to students except for reviews assigned in preparation for examinations.
- Homework completion time and difficulty level should be based on expectations of average students.
- When possible (in most cases) homework should be assigned during class time allowing thorough explanation and practice time.
Amount and Sequence
Kindergarten - 50 minutes per week.
Activities - Story listening, alphabet (sounds & letters), numbers, colors, basic sight words and projects.
Grade 1 - 100 minutes per week
Activities - Story listening, vocabulary building, handwriting practice, reading and math, spelling and projects.