- Greene County Tech Junior High
- The educational experience is and should be extended beyond the classroom. Homework provides for learning experiences outside, in addition to the traditional classroom setting.
- Homework should be meaningful guided practice or directed activity based on previously introduced subjects or concepts.
- Homework should be graded and returned to students except for review assigned in preparation for examinations.
- Homework completion time and difficulty level should be based on expectations of average students.
- The classroom teacher will clearly define or designate a reasonable time to make up work or accept assignments (i.e., 3 days to make up 3 days absent).
- A student will be expected to take a test on the day he/she returns if the test has been announced prior to his/her absence.
- When possible (in most cases) homework should be assigned during class time allowing thorough explanation and practice time.
Amount and Sequence
8th - 9th grade: Frequent homework (3-5 days per week) limited to no more than 1/2 hour per subject area.